Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do you feel about the Fighting Sioux nickname at the University of North Dakota?

What about the Fighting Irish or Central Michigan Chippewas? I am in favor of the nickname but I was just wondering why it is offensive? I would think the tribe would actually respect it because the team is representing them.|||Because the tribes are softttt|||It's not really offensive. What is is really, is a disagreement by two of the biggest Sioux tribes in North Dakota. One wants it and one does not. No matter because there was a mandated vote and the name stays. The government then held some kind of a vote (referendum maybe) and they said it stays, too. I don't find it any more offensive then any other nick name. For example, the University of Michigan Wolverines. There has been like ONE wolverine seen in Michigan in the last 100 years.



What I don't get is why bully the colleges, high schools and universities but let the pro sports keep the names.



I am glad they are going to remain the Fighting Sioux because other wise my jersey is crap.|||Don't care about the name i just hate UND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment